If a card tied to a subscription expires or your customer would like to continue an active subscription with another card, you can help your customer update their card details.
You're able to prompt your customers to change the card tied to a subscription by generating and sending a link to the subscriber to help them update their subscription card information.
Here's how to do this:
1. Go to the Subscriptions menu on your Dashboard.
2. Select an active Subscription and click on the "Update card" option under it (you can only send a link to active Subscribers).
3. You'll then be able to either copy the link or send an email to the customer from your Dashboard.
4. The direct link or the link attached to the email will lead the customer to a Subscriptions Preferences page. On the page, the customer will see the option to 'Replace Card.'
5. Clicking the 'Replace Card' button will load the Paystack checkout for the customer to share their new card information.
6. The customer will be charged a small amount to authorise the card and once the authorisation is complete, the amount will be refunded to the customer.
Important to Note
You're only able to send the email once every 24 hours, however, you'll be able to copy the link and share with the customer directly at any time.
To add a new card to continue a subscription, a transaction will be initiated for the customer to complete(NGN 50, USD 1, GHS 1, or ZAR 1) and this will be automatically refunded to the customer.