Due to regulatory requirements, we've made a few changes to how payouts are currently being processed. Previously, when you receive successful payments from your customers, we settle you a lump sum based on the payout schedule. However, Payouts will now be settled in batches based on what payment channel your customer pays you with.
The Payouts menu on the Paystack Dashboard has been redesigned to capture these changes and help with your payout reconciliation.
How to track the payouts in batches
To track a specific payout and see the breakdown of the batches you should expect, kindly follow the guide below:
- Select the Payouts menu.
- Select the particular payout you'll like to track.
- Navigate to the hyperlinked text that highlights the number of payout batches you should expect. For example, 3 batches as seen below.
- Click on it and you'll see a breakdown of the batches as well as the source. The source, in this case, is the bank linked to the payment channel the customer used to make the successful payment.
The amount captured in each batch is the credit you should expect to receive from each source. Adding all the various amounts in batches should sum up to the total payout expected.
The payout batch is determined by the bank linked to the payment channel the customer made the payment with. From the screen recording above, the merchant received three batches of their payout and this is based on the banks linked to the payment channels used by the customers.
For example, NGN 3,544.50 was settled through Wema bank, as the customer made use of the Pay with Transfer channel.
How to confirm credit for your payouts
If all the batches of your pending payout have been processed, the status button on the selected payout will be green. If the status button is grey as seen below, then all or some of the payout batches have not yet been processed successfully.
Once they've all been processed, the status button on the overall payout will be green and the status button on each batch will be green too as seen below.
💡 Important to note
- Some payouts may be slightly more than expected because Kobo amounts may be rounded up to the nearest Naira. For example if your expected payout is NGN 183.03, you may receive NGN 184.
- We've identified an issue on the Dashboard that's making some payouts that have already been processed, appear as if they are still pending. Usually, there's a green button in front of successful payouts and a grey one in front of pending payouts. Because of this issue, some payouts might still feature the grey button, despite being successful.
While the team is fixing the issue with statuses on the Dashboard, kindly review your bank account statement to confirm receipt of the payout if you're unsure about a pending payout that should have been processed. If you still cannot find this payout, send an email to email@example.com.
You can find information about any payout you are supposed to receive and the number of batches on the payout page.